Tuesday, September 8, 2009

No changes

The day was gorgeous, my family was wonderful, my Dad made a few cry, my sweetheart and I nailed the dance, and the general feeling of the entire event was happy, fun, pretty and I have roses all over the house to prove that it happened.

Such happiness!

Would we change from us though? I was really worried about this. I was more worried about this then I was about anything else; more then running nearly an hour behind schedule, more then the fact that it rained up until fifteen minutes before the outdoor ceremony started, that the Minster ran late or if I liked my hair. That one is still a pending decision.

Would we change?

Reader I am happy to report that we did not, at least not that I can tell. For all of his impossible procrastination, lack of house keeping skills and the shoes he leaves all over the house- I love us just the way we are. Want to know why?

He will bark at me when I wind myself up into an anxious house cleaning machine and I will ignore him. I will attempt to nag him to death and he just blissfully tunes me out. He will hold my hands when I am freaking out and watch me and stay with me until I calm down. I will listen to his stories and he will listen to mine –even though now we are on repeat sometimes.

But mostly because I can make him laugh like no one else can and he can make me laugh when nothing else will.

Ah.... newlyweds are nauseating aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment