Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Snow kite: 1. Me: 0

Doesn't this look nice?
Day one Mr. Husband is in lessons. I was careful to listen and watch all instruction should I have a go at it some point.  The winds were light throughout the day and Snow kiting looked like a good kick in the butt.   I skied and trudged through heavy deep snow to hike out to help a few times.  He was one exhausted human being at the end of the day.  

In between rescue retrievals and re-hydration missions, I was content to wander, take pictures, freak out when Luna was too close to the ONE road in the middle of no where.... 

And happily take up a snowmobile rider's offer for a few rides to the top of the hill so I can ski back down



The day was a good day. An awesome, sun burnt, mega-watt grinning kind of day.  

Day Two... maybe I would get to try it out.  My inner dialogue is something like this on a repeatable loop; "I may lack a little dexterity and of course I will struggle just like Mr. Husband did, but there is clearly more wind today and I Can figure this out -This Will be Fun."  

Yeahhhhhhh... about that... besides my lacking of a prickly talent, (I have a serious eye/hand coordination shortage), the baby beginner snow kite I was attempting to man handle, was freaking powerful.  

I never did get to get my skies on.  I stumbled in my ski boots over and over again as the Thing yanked me forward and down a few times. It's not hard to launch, very similar to a paraglider, but steering seemed to be opposite.  Fortunately I land on my face regularly and I have developed a knack for ignoring having the air knocked out of me.  Although the force of my impacts tend to startle bystanders... but it really doesn't hurt... well it doesn't hurt that much anyway...

Ugh... anyway, summary, Snow kite: 1.  Me: 0  






No comments:

Post a Comment