Monday, May 4, 2015

A Walk in Gold (Original Art)

I started this piece a couple of months ago, 18 March 2015.


Just as I finished the back drop I 'lost' it; it being my idea, the moment and the emotion I was following; it completely evaporated.   Over the last few weeks I occasionally wander over to impatiently stare at it for a minute.  Sometimes I even pick up a paint brush and twirl it in my fingers. But nope, nothing flickers. 

Until this last Sunday morning.... ;)  I woke up at 5am from a dream.  In the dream I was walking, barefoot, in the glow of orange and yellow; I was in a field bathed in light.  Chortling to myself, I gleefully knew exactly where I wanted to be.  

First things first. Caffeine!    

I slipped out of bed, into yoga pants and down the stairs to flick on my coffee pot.  As it finished brewing, Char came to inquire. I poured a mug and I tossed my lovely cat on my shoulder to head back to my sacred place of plants, sunlight and brushes.  Char took his seat next to me on the chair and was out in two minutes.   

Five hours later, around 10am, I finished the sunrise portion and sliced the heavy paper to fit onto this 9" X 12"  canvas backdrop. Now to work on the second part of the piece.  I will re-post when done. 


6 May 2015 Done   :) 


'A Walk in Gold'
9" X 12" X .75"

No comments:

Post a Comment