Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fly Away with Me (Work in Progress)

I had a pretty dang cool dream the other night and I have spent a large part of the last two days daydreaming about it.

(Which means conversations with me were likely annoying and impossible -I am not really present when in this mood.  You may have dealt with a lot of "Say what again?" or "Can you start over" as I checked in and out of our fractured dialogue. ...my Apologies.)

Anyway. Yesterday.  I have two-ish hours just for me.  First time in a week or so and I happily started on the atmosphere but! ugh! UGH!  It's so... FLAT! I was using heavy gels for texturing yet they are still blandly lackluster,  There is no movement.

Irritated I fiddled with paint and absently kept pushing Charlie the cat-dog away.  He ignored my attempts to ignore him and kept pawing at my legs, ever loudly beseeching "Pick me up!" Exasperated I look down and scold him, "No! Not now!"

"MEOOOWOWOWWWWW!" he replied, eyes narrowing, ears laying flat and claws lightly hooked in my legs, not quite breaking the skin ...yet.

I gave up and sat on the floor to hug the persistent creature.  I see he has thoughtfully pulled out all of the silky soft packing paper (which five minutes ago had been uselessly folded neatly in a box). Resigned I made him into a happy burrito with the paper.  This pleased him very much and I am laughing as I watch him chase a shadow under it....

The soft paper reflects light and shadow as the brightness of the room shifts from outside clouds rolling past the sun outside...

Huh.

I got up, (first pulling the easel chair over so Char would have a front row seat next to me and perhaps leave me to my endeavors), mixed some of the heavy matte gel with water and paint, crinkled up the paper and stuck it over the cloud.... Yes.....

Mess..  glorious awesome mess..... water is dripping all over my hands, the canvas and I am grinning so hard my face hurts...

Three hours later, the beginning is begun.





9" X 12" 
Acrylic, Matte gel, packing paper on Canvas 
(Canvas stretched over board)



My preoccupation is worse.



No comments:

Post a Comment