Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A new religion

Politics are the new religion. By fervently, violently and rashly defending a point of view, regardless if that point of view is not defendable with fact and reason, a new 'truth' has been found. The "Libertarian" voiced this ignorance with these words;

"We will all be equal. If health care is crap for some it must be crap for all. If someone manages to still have money when they die and if they are stupid enough to not give it to charity but to instead try to pass it on to their kids, then the Feds should seize it all. What right does anyone have to inherit? None! Those days are over. We should all be born the same and die the same. It is the government's job to contain the masses. To not let people take advantage of others, to make people stand in line with everyone else."

I didn't laugh. I didn't comment. This is the state of mind of more than half the people I know. I felt mildly appalled but I have become numb to the madness.

I watch and know this; As people refuse to take personal responsibility for anything they become unable to be responsible for anything. They become a member of an increasingly growing elitist mob nicknamed 'Democracy'. Their motto is “I deserve everything, someone else should pay for it and charity should be for everyone but I shouldn’t have to donate.” This is a contradiction I cannot understand and also that this extraordinary selfishness is a trait now admired in society.

My heroine would have laughed at the mess we are making. She already foretold the end in ‘Atlas Shrugged’

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh--ok, I see now. My dear, dear niece, Emily, YOU are a Car Named Katie. My mind was focused on my English class (the reason I've joined the world of blogging) and didn't make the connection.

    From now on I can follow your blogs (and you mine, if you're so inclined). Where did you get the above? I'm not doubting it, it's too familiar. Is it a synopsis of the prevailing headlines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog journal entries that I think may be worth sharing. If you read the first from the beginning of last year this blog is named after that entry, which I wrote in honor of my car... =)

    ReplyDelete