Friday, July 30, 2010

Storms

Summer storms are here. I watch the clouds build and break over a massive canvas that is more than ready for the paint of rain.

For a moment I catch my breath. I hold in the fresh cut taste of lightly washed air.  Flashes of the east, so long left behind, flutter through my hands.  Taking a moment I flipped through my remembered photo album, I touch it with a soft smile. 

The east is a beloved relative that I haven't visited for many a long over due holiday.  I see the green, the fire flies, and I wish I had known that last road trip down the coast was the last until someday.  I wish I had stayed for just a few more moments by the harbour and inhaled the mist from the sea. 

Opening my eyes I exhale the memory.  The over development is burning off already in the blazing white light.  Clouds begin to disappear and open a window to the baking blue behind. I am grateful for my best friend, without him this place would still feel as remote and alien as the moon.  With him, this is home.

Living is a very strange and interesting thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment