Sunday, May 8, 2016

March of the Elephants (In Progress)

Sometimes when I am dreaming and I wake up me, my dream follows me with billowing soft and heavy feet into the waking world.

It was hot and it was dry.  The sun was brutally blinding.

In the far away distance, purple clouds built blue contrasts of rain and gushing wind.

My hair caught in my mouth and eyes as I heard them and then watched.

Their heavy footsteps caused billowing soft dust to swirl up in towers of smoke preceding their measured approach.

And I watched.

........Sharply in contrast a bird, from my waking world called outside the window

- My dream self turned at the sound and I stumbled, waking myself up.  Just before I opened my eyes, I watched the dream fracture.  

I wondered at the patterns of thought and sleep and I watched.  

Watched the March of the Elephants step out of the dream





'March of the Elephants'
24" X 24" X 1.5"
Mixed Media

No comments:

Post a Comment