Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Mail box downstairs...

Every office building I have ever worked in has an outgoing mail box. For that matter, every business, home, etc. has one too. This usually means a person employed by the local post office will be by on some sort of schedule to pick said outgoing mail.

Everyone with me on this one? Just checking. Apparently not everyone is.

Two weeks into working at this new job, I again suggested perhaps our building’s existing outgoing mailbox could be used for outgoing mail including items such as personal electric bills, personal letters and perhaps also Lia Sophia jewelry returns from employees.

“There isn't an outgoing mail box here.” I was told sternly.

I hesitated, not liking to argue but unable to duct tape my mouth shut at the moment, “But… there is…”

Heavy sigh, head shake, and my manager joins the audience of people at my cubes sliding doors (my manager is the one person I do really like) and he cheerfully suggests a field trip.

“A what?” I repeat stupidly.

He grins happily, “You and Employee B should go on a field trip to the post office.”

“But I know where it is.” I say slowly.

His smile becomes bigger as he ignores that and Employee B agrees to take me on a field trip tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment