Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Post Office Field Trip

Employee B and I walk out to her vehicle in the garage with about twenty envelopes in hand. We drive just under three blocks over to the south of the building to park outside the post office. We walk into the post office, we say hello to the people standing in line and walk past all of them to a mail bin at the counter. 

Carefully she puts the envelopes, face out, in the bin.

In front of the six or seven odd people she clearly says her explanation to the curious onlookers as I try to melt into the ATM stamp dispenser behind me, “The only way the mail will be delivered is if it is put into this bin before 5 pm without any rubber bands or paperclips.”

If someone laughed I wouldn't have heard. I had already begun to play the X-files theme song in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment