Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Moscow

I had a dream Sunday morning that I was in Moscow not by plan but by a series of spontaneous incidents that resulted in my arrival.

I have a half remembered memory that there was a fuss about this by other parties and that the unintended visit created headache and worry for a few but selfishly I was only excited in the dream.

Because the visit was impromptu, my entrance was by subway and train through a neighboring country.

I entered the city by a bridge in the late evening and saw the most strange and gorgeous city along a river. There were bright lights in store fronts, people walking everywhere and statues of unfamiliar characters posed about in squares and streets.

Cold air bit my cheeks as I grinned at the incomprehensible dialogues circling around me and the serious looks I received back. There were shadows, far off shadows that I could see were towering building complexes that ominously reminded me of the New Orleans housing projects.

Perhaps this is all a figment of my imagination but I really would like to see Moscow now. To see if this idea is true and that if it is a center of human nastiness and human aspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment