Thursday, November 12, 2009

Q-tip

I gave Charles a q-tip this morning.

Hehehehehehehehehehe… I love this cat.

This was possibly the best toy ever. Better then the hair tie I gave him yesterday. Although that could fly from my fingers at a fascinating speed it wasn’t multi-textured. I gave him a bobby-pin the day before that and that was pretty cool, it’s shiny, slides across tile well and it’s easy for him to toss in the air but it is not very chew-able.

His take on the q-tip? Soft cotton on both ends and a soft yet straight stick in the middle; this was the superior toy.

He threw it in the air and threw himself under the curtain. He dashed into the hallway, catching it as he went by and rolled around growling at it in the funniest way.

Bravely he torpedoed his generously proportioned little self from the table legs, but he miscalculated and crashed his head into the garbage can instead. After a shocked moment of staring at this mysteriously placed item he turned and raced in the right direction and caught it as it slid away. Busily he chewed at the cotton head until it stuck in his teeth and then he hurried to me to extract it before leaping back into the battle.

Satisfied, and a little winded, he surveyed the twisted stick and then …he copied Sally. Charlie parked his little tubby behind down and grumbled, growled, groaned as he scratched his ear with his back foot.

I laughed out loud.

I grinned and scooped him up for a morning cuddle. He cuddled back, drooling a little as he does when he is very happy and then he remembered he was a dangerous and heroic hunter and indignantly pulled away. For forgiveness I let him down and then tossed the q-tip back under the table and he hurried to snatch it up before it could get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment