Friday, April 2, 2010

All Hail, the Power of the Shoes

This morning I work up incredibly comfy...

Getting up was torture but I managed to stagger up. After the usual self wake up rituals of coffee, cold water on the face, teeth brushed and contacts in place, I took inventory of my outfit choices.

I donned my previously chosen black stockings, black knee length pin striped skirt and a simple green shirt.

Then I spotted The Shoes.

A vision came to me and suggested an outfit. I obeyed despite the extra ten minutes that would be needed. I returned to the bathroom and coiled my hair up into a mess of braids and then piled the woven strands up so that the ends of my hair sprayed over in a crown on my head. Taboo as it is in our spoiled culture, I decided I must wear the same fitted persimmon long sleeve sweater I wore last Friday and then…

I placed The Shoes onto my feet.

I towered in the mirror, propped up 4.25 inches above my given height. The simple outfit transformed into a ‘nazy’ modern look and I surveyed the results with terrible satisfaction.

Sadly, as I went to show off to my husband he discovered an eye shadow smudge so the effect was not what I hoped.

Makeup corrected, I sauntered (carefully, as I really am only qualified to strut in 3.50 inches) into work and the compliments began. “Your hair looks great! Did you do that yourself?” “I really like that sweater” and my boss “I must say you look quite nice today”

Here is a summary of facts: I do not possess incredible good looks. I know I am a little bit plump for my actual height. I wear my hair like this at least once a week without anyone commenting. I just wore this exact sweater without anyone taking a second glance last week!

But Reader here is the magic: I have not worn The Shoes with this hair and outfit. I am like Wonder Woman and her magic invisible plane, gold clunky bracelets and boots. The Shoes have transformative power.

All Hail The Shoes….

No comments:

Post a Comment