Tuesday, April 27, 2010

...Send It Soaring....


It’s an amazing amount of entertainment, boating around up there. The wind rushing in my ears, my fingers cooling and my feet swinging. Last night, I looked down to find a doe and fawn and, for the first time up there, I heard the Wind Woman laugh at me.

I am just over thirty teeny flights now. Why I still get so nervous before takeoff that I could chuck all over the hill is a mystery to me.

Flight on the other hand, now that is increasingly fun. Even in traffic (and mind you, I have only been exposed to mild congestion at this point) is not that bad any more. I have stopped hyperventilating too. I still sing though.

Last night, I practiced letting go of the 'brakes' and turning just with my hips. Every time I let go my hands ache so much they scream. I am not very good at turning without holding the brakes but I think plain old practice will help.

In all honesty, my landings are ominous. I get too focused. I want to land like the 'cool' kids do. I think about it until my mouth hurts from my biting it and my tingling hands worsen my preoccupied distraction. This all equals a skidded ending with dust all over the place because I flared too late or too early.

OOO –just thinking about it my hands start to get cold and I have to stretch the little fingers. Hehehe….

No comments:

Post a Comment