Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Clutch

Katie and I had a little adventure today. While waiting at a stop light I shifted the car into neutral and lifted my left foot off the clutch.

However…The clutch did not follow my foot but stayed stuck solidly to the floor. The light now, of course, turned green. Drat…

“Um….” I hit my flashers on and waved at the honking F150 truck to go around me.

After awkwardly stamping my foot up and down on the stubbornly glued to the floor clutch, it Popped up and loose. We lurched forward and then Katie staled. I carefully started the thing, and coasted her quietly into the parking lot to study the silent dash board.

“That was different.” I advised the car. I was not granted a reply.

There is a new work around for this newest quirk. Just in case you ever need to drive Katie I will share it with you. Don’t engage the clutch completely. Gently press the thing down so that shifting the gears remains easy but there isn’t any need to press it all the way down. Not unless you would like a good laugh and to make someone honk.

No comments:

Post a Comment