Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Good News

Reader I have excellent news. Something good is happening

Really, I heard it on the wind last night. Around 2:55am. All the tension that has been slowly melting away the last month, well it came back and swelled into my chest until there was very little room left to breathe. An uncomfortable tight feeling, I assure you. Then, it broke, it blossomed and the air rushed back into my lungs.

‘Something good is happening’ the wind touched my face with her cool hair. Oh I am so happy to see it; even though I can’t tell you where it is coming from. I haven’t the faintest idea of the form it will take but I must celebrate the news.

I turned to share the good report with my tossing best friend. I ran my fingers over his shoulder to sooth his tossing and watched him drift back to sleep. My eyes became leaded and I fell into a deep sleep too.

I woke up to birds outside. I studied my flowers punching up from the mulch and soil, their slender firm arms reaching up to the watery sunlight. Something good is happening. I smiled and laughed to myself. My snarled dreaded morning meeting held no dread for me. I was impervious to their glares and snippet comments. I was calm and safe with my knowledge, there is change in the air. This white knuckled ride through a series of busy bored nothings is coming to an end. The delight of my best friend’s friendship, the summer air and the adventure shaping before me take first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment