Monday, May 10, 2010

Epiphany

An Epiphany occurred to me last night… Lying in bed I was racking my brain for a baby sitter for my Cat…when the name of a friend floated into my head and took a seat in the front row.

Although I fell asleep relatively quickly the name called out to me the moment I woke up. I called this friend, this last person I would have ever thought to call and they were delighted to have been thought of.

This little puzzle piece reminded me that I always know the answer to my questions or desires. You may ask; if I know the answers, why do I rant my questions to the stars, unfortunate loved ones in hearing range and the dog?

Well duh…sometimes I don’t want that particular answer. I want there to be a different answer.

In order to block out the undesired and unwelcome solution I throw additional 'what ifs' and 'how comes' into a blender I keep handy in my head and turn it to the highest setting. The unsolicited answer may attempt to shout over the deafening whirling but I just keep my finger pressed down until the mix is completely pulverized.

The result is a successful mess of bewilderment. Deciphering what the containments originally were must be left to experts as the common person, such as myself, could not tell you.

Anyway the epiphany was simply an answer that came by to remind me that I do too know the answer. Would I like to listen?

I took a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment