Thursday, December 17, 2015

In search of Wonder

The moment we are born we are enraptured, blinking blearily at the wonder of light and sound and color. The touch of cold startles you into your first cry, the first protest. Then as you are swaddled into a cuddle; your first encounter of warm of human comfort brings you your first relief. 

I dreamed I held you.

I dreamed he held you, the person I treasure above all. I watched both of you in wonder and I cried and I laughed. I am a woman after all, and my emotions fall as rain falls from heavy clouds.

After all, isn’t that what all of this is for?

Our search for wonder, our quest for magic. The journey to enchantments. Sitting on this train of life, as each moment flickers past … I stand here, my hand on my sun lit window and smile at the statue before me.

I woke up, startled by my alarm. Smiling at my silliness, I reached out to softly touch my man’s sleeping shoulder, willing the light in my fingers into his soul.

And then I turned over and found my friend with floppy ears and glinting eyes asking if I was all right and kissing the inane moisture in my eyes. In answer, I kissed her little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment