Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Portrait of my Cat

Charlie almost caused both of our deaths this morning. 

I was at the counter, filling my three (don't judge) to go coffee mugs with lovely fragrant coffee...mmmm.... coffee to see me through the long journey to my far away place of employment.... happily inhaling as I screwed the last lid on, I turned, He was Right There. 

Big gluey eyes stared up and asked "Why??" 

I tried to step over at the last split second. Sadly, both coffee and I went flying and I landed on my bum next to him.

He had not moved a hair as I had swung violently about to prevent myself from squashing him.

He eyed me.  I glowered at him.

I swear I could hear his inner monologue, "What the hell was that all about? I was just sitting here." 

In all fairness, he was likely 'petting' me with his tail to let me know he had taken up silent residency a quarter of an inch behind my unknowing self. 

This has long been both my heads up and AM greeting of  'Hey human, Good morning, gimme a hug"  ...but as I was wearing a skirt today... I didn't feel it. 

Luna arrived to ask 'What is all the noise about?'  Her sweet face sleepy (Luna doesn't 'do' mornings, seriously, photo below taken after trying to get her up with a treat as a bribe) and her ears pinned back with her anxious question.

Charlie took this as his cue to run (waddle) to her bowl to steal whatever she may not have finished.  He made it about half way before her scrambling toes followed to herd him off of her breakfast.

I got up and cleaned up the perfect coffee now perfectly ruined.  As I finished I turned back to see that cat sitting serenely on the counter (where he does not belong -ever). 


  

Luna below before 8am....


No comments:

Post a Comment