Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Libertarian Part Two (See Capitalist -May 2009)

At work and walking past The Boss, who again, I really do like working for, the "Libertarian" crooked his finger at me in a ‘polite’ come here.

I stifled a sigh.

“I don’t believe in God,” he announced, “But I do believe in the Devil.”

I nodded as understandingly as possible.

He sighed heavily, and put his feet up on his desk. The "Libertarian"is a bit tall and honestly looked cramped in the small gray cube with his long legs awkwardly up

“I used to work for a lock down for teenagers who had drug problems, had been abused. I told them there was nothing wrong with drugs, that they can be used medically –Now, now, not meth! Meth is not included on this one. Meth is very bad and its just poison and should always be illegal- but the rest simply enhance your personality! Drug use is just a symptom! Picture a red glowing ball on an picture, see it floating forward, out, up down”,

Excited he used his hands to illustrate his words and bounce his ‘ball’ around the cube,
“And where were they? They were in lock down! They didn't know better. The only way a kid can make money at fourteen is to sell drugs! There aren't any other options!”

I attempted an interjection at this point, “Actually kids can babysit, deliver newspapers, mow lawns-.”

“That’s a lie! Only a rare few kids know about those things! You can’t hold kids to knowing there are other ways. All they know is that by sleeping with this person for drugs, they can make their pain to go away! I mean, hats off! They have technically found a way to successfully numb their pain -And it was a good thing they were screwing up their lives at their age. I mean, things could be worse! They could be 42 or even 43 with a nice wife, two point five kids, a house and job! What would it be like to lose the job, have your kids hate your guts, your wife divorces you and you're on the street without a penny? WHAT THEN??"

The "Libertarian" is turning an interesting shade of red as I ask, "So…can I help you with something?”

“This internal software is a bastard, a down right baseless and frustrating bastard.”

“Is it down?”

“No.” He stated defiantly.

“What is the problem?”

“I need to re-set my password but I don’t know my old password. I tell you! The Devil does exist!”

I looked at him and waited.

“Well?” he demanded.

“Yes…?”

“What is my old password??”

Now Reader, I confess I don’t go around asking everyone for their passwords and writing them down for this type of situation.

“Call the help desk and they will help you re-set it.” I made my escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment