Monday, July 13, 2015

Shelf

I have a 'shelf'.

I put things on this 'shelf' whenever I am not sure
about what to do, say,
how to handle, process-
maybe 'it' is a wound, or a doubt or an event
....whatever.
I put it on the shelf.
until one day there is just too much on it and it all falls down in a mess.
Sometimes it is stuff I forgot was there,
covered in dust and old,
people around me (including me) are all
'Hey! Why are you mad/sad/ upset about abcd? That was 5 years ago"
But it was on the 'shelf' the whole time,
Just because I forgot about it but doesn't mean it stopped being on the 'shelf'

I think we all have a 'shelf'.

A couple of things fell off recently
and I looked at them
-how small they were!
and I wondered
Why did I put that on the 'shelf'?
so instead of putting them back up
I put them away,
smiled at my nearly empty 'shelf'
and went on with my day

No comments:

Post a Comment