Thursday, August 6, 2009

Unita's


Last weekend, my Sally went with us to go on a second camping trip, this time in the Unita’s. I was so excited for her. As far as I know Sal has never experienced sleeping outside or sitting by a camp fire.

I brought her to REI two days before.

My city slicker presently owns a pair of dog shoes and a rain jacket. (*Yes, a rain jacket. Try walking a long haired dog in drenching rain and then bringing back your four legged sopping wet mop into a apartment that is completely carpeted….)

I will spare you the play by play that parents or pet owners love to give but will summarize with this.

I have the best dog ever.

She carried her pack happily and she chased chipmunks, rabbits and birds. She came immediately when called, she did not like the fire but warily watched it from a distance she designated as safe and although she was very uncertain about the whole sleeping outside thing, she was good and stayed close.

The best part? There she was excited and alert but on the way home? She did not open her eyes for the entire two hour drive back but crashed completely in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment